Pages

Thursday 9 August 2018

Tomorrow When The War Began - Can Do Task - Part 2



Vocabulary- Find the meanings of the following words, write the meaning using our own words. Underestimate, Itinerary, Improvise, Motivate, Conspicuous Feeble, Delirious, Sentry, Agonise and Famine.


Underestimate- To judge or to assume someone that they are weak and incapable of doing work or doing something. 

Itinerary- A constructed or organized journey or adventure. 

Improvise- To produce or perform something with objects that you can use around you. 

Motivate- To improve someone's emotions or to inspire someone.

Conspicuous- To be able to see clearly. To be visible or easily noticed.

Feeble-  Physically fragile or weak in different types of issues like age or diseases.

Delirious- Distressed or afflicted mind caused by illness or stress. It can also mean thrilled or ecstatic mind caused by happiness.

Sentry- A soldier appointed or assigned to guard or observe a certain area or place for unauthorized personnel or outsiders.  

Agonise- To be currently or undergo from suffering or torment.

Famine- Scarcity or lack of food in a large area like a city or a country.


WRITING - During the lawnmower incident, we encounter foreign sentries. Write a diary entry from the point of view of one of the invading soldiers. Consider what they might see, do and feel during a day in occupied Wirrawee.



We successfully invaded the town and imprisoned the people living in it. There are probably still some people lurking around like the ones that the soldier in the other side of the showground said. Honestly, I didn’t want to invade this country and make the people live in it feel like they are in hell. We couldn’t do anything or rebel against our leader’s actions because we are just doing our job.

I already planned to leave my job but on my second thought, I can’t support my family if I leave my job. Today I saw teenagers running I planned to chase them but they were to fast. I think they were looking and figuring out what’s going on. I also heard a loud explosion on the left side of the showground. We decided to look and figure out what happened. What we saw was shocking and terrifying, we saw soldiers covered in blood and a broken lawnmower. I did not expect this to happen, honestly, I was terrified that it might also happen to me.

It might be late to say this but I wanted to hesitate or rebel against our plan of invading. If a civilian or a person found this, I’m terribly sorry for what I and my country have done to yours. I take full responsibility for all of my actions and the other soldier’s actions and doings. I hope that one day our country can unite and form a strong bond. I also hope that one day this mess could be fixed. Again if someone finds this journal I'm terribly sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.